Algonquin Equipment is looking to grow their team. We are currently looking for a full-time Powersports Technician for our service department. Do you have strong expertise in repairing Snowmobiles, ATV’s, Sea-doo’s (PWC), and Marine products. This is your opportunity to join our team, we are passionate about customer service and are committed to seeing our employees succeed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Take direction from management: Accept work orders for repairs, service, or new unit assemblies.
- Use of basic computer programs: OEM computer diagnostic tools, BRP BUDS and BRP BUDS2.
- Assess, diagnose and repair powersports vehicles; Sea-Doo’s (PWC), ATV’s, Snowmachine’s.
- Complete repair work in a timely manner: Preform repairs in a timely manner to meet expectations + flat rate labor times.
- Notify service manager of additional work / repairs or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known.
- Keep work area clean and assist others maintaining shop cleanliness.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Mechanical aptitude and strong diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read manuals, carry out proper procedures and keep legible repair notes.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Work individually and as a team.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Keep a clean and orderly workstation and have own tools.
- Trustworthy & dependable.
- Preference given to licensed mechanics/technicians, but willing to train an apprentice/individual.
- Monday – Friday: Workweek during regular business hours (8am-5pm).
- Some Saturdays: Flexibility to work on Saturdays (9am-1pm).